Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Under tuscan sun or crazy italian traffic




Yesterday I had a day of Toscana :) I miss our travels in Italy, have watched the pictures thousand times and decided to get some more memories. So I watched one of my favorite films "Stealing Beauty" with gorgeous Liv Taylor and "Under tuscan sun" with Diane Lane. Both films show incredible beauty of this region. But the thing that made me laugh was a phrase from "Under tuscan sun", when Diane is in the car with her italian bf driving crazily on the crooked roads of Italy, she asks him:
- What do you need traffic lights for If you don't use them?
- Well, you see, the green light means avanti, avanti! And the yellow and red are for decoration!

That's exactly what I said when I happend to be in italian traffic. Everytime It was crazier, It can be worse only in Egypt, so I just decided to relax and laugh, hehe, I wouldn't say so If I were my husband who had to drive.

2 comments:

Liudmila said...

What would you say in the province of Naples?????

Do you like to type "code words"? It's crazy ... Well, I'll try now. Sincerely,I never live comments where I find them. I'm not able to type them from the first 3-4 times... Now, I try...

Anonymous said...

Good post.